Burns INSPIRED Evening
January 25th, 2020
Starts at 19:00 ends at 23:00
Our Burns, inspired, evening begins and ends with a weeDram... and in between Penny and the nestKitchen brigade showcase their creativity and skills for you to enjoy a great feast around great long banqueting style tables...
Gather around the fire pit with a wee complimentary dram and nibble on warm haggis and whisky ‘sausage’ rolls before wending your way into the main building for 7.30pm where the team will serve up a feast of delights...
- Whisky-cured Salmon; flavoured with juniper and lemon served with a sea fennel, mustard sauce and toasted sourdough fingers
- Tiny cups of cock -a- leekie soup ... with peppered chicken, leeks and julienne of prunes.
- Traditional Haggis, chappit tatties … crushed potatoes enlivened with chopped parsley and leeks topped with skirlie, toasted oatmeal and crispy bacon and Bashed ‘neeps’ served with a whisky cream sauce
- Ecclefechan Tart … crunchy pastry filled with dried fruit, nuts and caramelised with heather honey and served with vanilla ice cream and crushed raspberries
- Come and choose from our renowned ‘Nest Cheese Buffet’ - a selection of local cheeses served with traditional oatcakes
- Round off your evening with tiny squares of Penny’s homemade crumbly buttery shortbread tea, coffee and maybe another wee dram from our considerable range of both local and far flung Whiskies...